W-LAB PROPOLIS SOOTHING BOOSTER REVIEW

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Bees are heaven sent, so as the W-Lab Propolis Soothing Booster.


I google(ed) what proplis is and this is what I found: “a red or brown resinous substance collected by honeybees from tree buds, used by them to fill crevices and to seal and varnish honeycombs.”

So what exactly is W-lab Propolis Soothing Booster? According to the description found in Althea: “It is a multi-booster that contains propolis extract and vegetable ingredients to soothe, nourish, and vitalize the sensitive skin. It is a new conceptual multi-booster applied with hot-gelling melting technology and therefore makes good skin condition and smoothes skin texture so as to give synergy effect when wearing make-up or applying other cosmetics.”
It’s in broken english, but I know you get the idea of its purpose. Actually, if you look for the definition of booster, it interchangeably points you to either toners or serum/essences. But for W-Lab Propolis Soothing Booster the product is primarily marketed as a soothing make-up primer but can be used as a night pack (and many more). 
I was originally planning to get the W-Lab Propolis Vital Energy Ampoule because my skin is really oily but flaking and it has red patches that looks like rashes, aside from the pimples I have in my jaw area. Ugh. But for some reason I changed my mind and got this one instead maybe because it’s a little cheaper. And I never regretted that decision.

When I opened the product I’m glad it’s sealed with foil.


The smell is like honey with medicinal herbs in it. If you find that kind of smell unbearable, just don’t breathe for a few seconds. Hahaha. The smell gradually fades after you apply the product and goes away after a minute or two.


The texture is like cold honey. It’s yellowish and thick but glides easily when you apply and it doesn’t leave any “film-coated” feeling. Just use a pea size and pat the product all over your face and jaw area when using as a primer. It creates a thin layer in your skin where it seals all the nutrients you put before this booster.


 Unlike before I always get small bumps at the end of the day because of makeup, though after using this for a month I still get pimples but it’s not as bad as before. I think this product creates a thin barrier where it also protects your skin from harmful chemicals. My skin is seriously much much better than it was last month. Though the W-Lab Propolis Soothing Booster doesn’t give you a good oil control, I noticed that my makeup doesn’t slide, doesn’t look cakey and lasts almost the whole day—well maybe you want to do a little retouch during your afternoon break.


Through experiments I found out that the W-Lab Propolis Soothing Booster can also be used as:
  • Overnight sleeping pack. Just apply a pea size then pat on your skin. Let it sink for about 30 sec then apply a second layer. Maybe you can do a third layer if your skin really needs nutrients.
  • If your pimple suddenly popped in the morning before your makeup, you can use it as a spot treatment. Just let it dry for a few seconds before applying your make-up.
  •  If you feel like there’s a threat of a ginormous pimple coming out, apply a thick layer on the pimple and let it dry overnight. Though it doesn’t work like an emergency pimple treatment, it actually helps soothe the redness and inflammation.
  • After derma treatment. If you or your derma/aesthetician popped your whiteheads/and blackheads, you can use this product to help soothe the redness in your skin as well as prevent any further irritation or inflammation.
  • Moisturize dry elbows or knees. Though I haven’t tried using this as a heel moisturizer (because I don’t have a cracked heels).
W-Lab Propolis Soothing Booster Ingredients list:
           Propolis Extract (74.4%), Honey Extract (5%), Royal Jelly Extract (5%), Portulaca Oleracea Extract (5%), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Powder (10,000ppm), Arginine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Saccharide Isomerate, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Extract, Chondrus Crispus Powder, Ceratonia Siliqua Gum, Cyamopsis Tetragonolaba (Guar) Gum, Agar, Potassium Chloride, Glucose, Allatonin, Beta-Glucan, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, 1,2-Hexanediol, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Caramel

 If you’re allergic to bees, propolis, or any bee by-product, or have sensitivity with any of the ingredient, do a patch test first before using this. We all know allergies are nasty!

W-Lab Propolis Soothing Booster is definitely one of my HGs and will be part of my staples until I find something better! I’m really happy I found this product and it worked with my problematic skin.

You Might Also Like

0 comments