[Review]: Natural Pacific Fresh Herb Origin Serum

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Have you heard of the "scream serum"? As funny as it sounds, it's actually a thing in K-beauty. "Scream serum" are actually serums that will make you scream because it stings when you apply it. It sounds scary, right? Like, why would you put something like that in your skin? Is that even safe?

Well, that's the catchy hashtag from Natural Pacific Fresh Herb Origin Serum. They explained that when you apply the serum in your skin the more it stings means that your skin is badly damaged by external factors. And the longer you use the serum the lesser it stings as it repairs the damage(s) in your skin.


Of course, that again, piqued my curiosity. Late last year, I was in desperate need of a good serum that will help the tight feeling in my face and neck area. I read that oil-based serums doesn't just combat dryness but acne as well. These are my two major skin problems aside from very dull skin (of course, because of dryness). With all the good brands that carry great oil-based serums, both my brain and heart *lol* brought me to this product.

Claims: 
Improves skin health and minimizes pore problems. Recommended to people whose skin is starting to have small wrinkles, multiple skin troubles, dry skin, and loosening pores.

Ingredients:
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Aspalathus Linearis Extract, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Hydrogenated palm oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Ficus Carica Fruit Extract, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Nut Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Argania spinosa Kernel Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus Fruit Extract, Lemon Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Aminobutyric acid, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata Extract, Sodium chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Adenosine

Price: PhP 640.00 (approx. US$ 12) but got it on sale: PhP416.00 (approx. US$ 8)

Country of Origin: Korea 



When I opened my box carrying this product, the smell reeks out in the box a very strong citrus(y) smell. It's not that bad but it's my first time to encounter a product that has a very strong smell, that the whole box smelled as if it's full of lemons and other citrus fruits. I even read a review where she puts the bottle inside her bag just to make her bag smell fruity.



The Natural Pacific Fresh Herb Origin Serum is made with basically plant oils and fruit extract. You can actually see that the oil separates from the water extract. The first ingredient is Aloe leaf extract which will give you a great relief if you have a sensitive skinaloe vera is known to calming ingredient to sensitive skin. 


You have to mix the product well to make sure that the oil will mix with the water. You just have to be quick because they separate quite quick. When applying the serum, you have to put and rub the product in your palms, and pat it gently in your face. I read in some forums that oil serums are best applied in gentle patting motion than rubbing. This will increase the absorption rate of the serum in your skin.

It takes time for the Fresh Herb Origin Serum to be absorbed in your skin. After patting, I usually let it absorbed for about 2-5 minutes before applying my moisturizer. The texture is actually oily but it sinks well in the skin. I think the aloe vera water and other plant extracts helped the absorption of the oil.

As for the painful application, well it did sting in some parts of my skin where there's a lot of acne and dryness but it's tolerable. Not sure how the others measured the pain, but as far as I know I have high tolerance when it comes to pain. It did sting for at least a week in some areas, and still stings everytime I do skin damaging activities like staying out in the sun for quite long or driving all day (aircon and sun combo). 

But what I noticed was the improvement in my skin texture; it's more fine and the pores around my nose and cheeks are smaller (can still see but better). My foundation also looks more natural and soft, and stays well, no dry patches or whatsoever. Also, I can pop my whiteheads easier now. I remember during my first week of use of this serum, while washing my face, I noticed that my face is so smooth and soft. Like what the Japanese call the "mochi skin". If you had tried glycolic peel before, you know how soft your skin is after it peels, that's the exact softness I felt. It will also leave a dewy look on your skin even when you put your daily foundation on, unless you're using a full coverage, matte foundation.

As for my acne, I still get hormonal acne or if I eat something that I'm allergic at. So this product won't shoo away your pimples, but it will actually help in improving your skin condition.

Overall, I really love this serum. I'm about to finish my current bottle and planning to get a second one. If you have skin problems or planning to get your first serum, I can totally recommend Natural Pacific Fresh Herb Origin Serum. Aside from the natural ingredients, it's affordable and it works!

What's your favorite oil-based serum?

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Can oily skin use this serum?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, i have oily prone skin and tried this ! i finished my firxt bottle that fast omg, it's v v v v v v v v v goood , it's not really oily maybe you could use it for your night time routine just three drops will do :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. you can find this serum at Althea, just install the apps from Google play or find them via web!

      Delete
  3. Hi.. I enjoy reading your reviews... I just bought a bottle of this serum and I love the smell.. I feel like I can just open the bottle to let the smell fills my room but scared it'll get dirty and contaminated, hahaha. Anw I wanna ask, how long does a bottle last for you? Do you use the toner to help?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this safe for pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I've been using a few cosrx items (it's exfoliators, and essences) which contains niacinamide and I also apply the ordinary niacinamide serum. I'm interested in trying this out but need some advice on how to layer it. Is this a vitamin c based serum? Would it play well when layered with my other skin care products or will they just cancel each other out? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete