Quick Mask! | [Review] make p:rem Comfort me. Air Mask

Monday, March 06, 2017

Okay, I thought of naming my face mask posts as "Quick Mask!". I know it sounds like corny or cliché, but hey, using a face mask is like taking a quick break from our routine and is truly relaxing.

The first mask that I'm going to review is from a Korean brand called make p:rem.




make p:rem Comfort me. Air Mask claims:
Is made from100% Eco-friendly vegetable air fabric that lightly wraps around the skin as if nothing has been done, creating a comfortable skin condition. Contains a refreshing oxygenated water and a skin-like structure of ceramide, which provides a smooth, moist skin.

Ingredients:

How to use:

Price: PhP 51.00 (approx. US$1.10)

Country of Origin: Korea

I picked this mask because of price and curiosity. It's really affordable and the brand itself is new to me, but I'm also skeptical to try it for the same reason. But I guess everyone is always scared to try something new at some point because it might not work on you, or worst, it'll cause allergies to your beloved skin.

When I open the Make p:rem Comfort me Air mask, I thought that it's just like the other masks in the market—mask is drowning in water-like serum, but it's not. You'll be a little disappointed because there's not enough serum for your arms, legs, and other body parts to indulge. Well, maybe there's enough for arms or legs. 

The serum is actually quite thick, translucent, and a little slimy. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to use it in the morning as skin care before makeup but it's totally fine as a night time mask.


While the mask is not drowning in serum, it is well soaked. Also, the mask is so thin (thinnest mask I've encountered so far) and almost invisible when in your skin that you have to be really careful in removing the plastic film. (I know that I looked silly to put the plastic film in my face instead of removing it first. But it's the my best way to show the film).

I love how the mask fits in my face. I have an average oval shape and size face and the holes of the mask fits well. After I remove the mask, it took a while for my skin to absorb the serum and it feels heavy and sticky on the skin. I have to pat my face for around 2-3 minutes but still the serum is not fully absorbed. 

Usually my skin feels tight, dry, and oily by midday but I noticed that 3 or 4 days after I used the mask my skin doesn't feel tight and (too)oily. For that period, I only use a half part of my oil blotting paper and no dry spots too! My face has a dewy look even after blotting. I guess this is the power of ceramide.

Maybe the downside of this mask is that it gave me a few small pimples after. But maybe hormones also added to the pimple reason. But overall, I like it. With its price and effect, most likely I'll still pick this mask whenever my skin feels really dry especially during the cold and dry season.


You Might Also Like

1 comments