[Review]: The Beauty Bakery All-Purpose Chocolate Oil Mist

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

It's now the peak of cold season here in Manila. Well, maybe not as cold as the winter, autumn, or spring weathers in 4 season countries, but if you grew up in a tropical country and experiencing a 25 degrees or less weather is seriously heaven! We joke a lot about our 2 season weather which is hot and hotter.

Cold weather also means drier skin. I'm experiencing my usual skin dilemma which is dry and itchy skin, but a lot worse now. Before, moisturizing lotions and body butters works okay during seasons like these, but for some reason my skin has become more drier now (maybe age became a huge factor). That's why I decided to try body oil and found The Beauty Bakery's All-Purpose Chocolate Oil Mist.



Claims: All-purpose body oil mist absorbs instantly yet leaves a seductive sheen that protects the outer layer of your skin. It contains a generous amount of Cocoa butter and Coconut oil for efficient skin hydration.

Active Ingredients: Cocoa butter, Coconut oil, Seaweed Extract

Size: 200g

Price: Php 499.00 (approx. US$ 10), got it on sale P380.00 (approx. US$ 7)

Where to buy: BeautyMnl



First thing: It smells like vanilla and chocolate, I love it!! I love vanilla scents and I can't stop smelling the bottle when I received the package and I can't stop sniffing my hand when I tried it.


The product is in a glass bottle and plastic spray and spray cover. I just got sad when the spray died after a few pumps. :( So I have to transfer the product in a different bottle.



 The consistency is just like any other body oil products and also takes time for your skin to absorb the product. The smell is amazing. I can't emphasize how I love the smell and that I keep on smelling my skin. The scent stays on your skin but it's not overpowering nor it will irritate your senses. It's just faint and sweet.

As for my skin dryness, it didn't made my skin plump or moist after using it for sometime and still looks rough. But it did help alleviate the scaling, itchiness, and the very tight skin feeling. And though my skin doesn't look (and feel) smooth, I noticed that it has a faint glow. I'm really crossing my fingers that this product will somehow make my dry skin go away in the long run. I'm not actually expecting drastic changes in a short span of time since this is a natural product; as natural products takes time to see the effect compared to chemical based products.
 
Another thing to love is that The Beauty Bakery is a homegrown brand (100% Philippine brand). I love our local brands that makes quality products and sources their raw materials locally. It's a win for everyone.



And since the sprayer died, I used my old Skin Inc serum bottles which has a dropper and I find that it's easier to use this way. And since the bottle is small (only 5ml), I was able to experiment by adding jojoba oil and noticed that the scent became less prominent and the absorption became slightly faster. I'm planning to add sunflower oil next time.

What's your favorite body oil?

You Might Also Like

0 comments