[Review]: Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence

Friday, July 14, 2017

Living in a country where it's always sunny, sunblock is really an essential part of my skin routine. With all the information on the internet, we all know that 80% of the sun's UV rays can pass through in the clouds. Meaning even when it is a cloudy day or a rainy day UV rays can still harm our skin and can cause premature aging and sun spots. ~eeepp!! That's why if there's one skin care that I'm willing to invest at sunblock is always one of it.

Though when I was younger I was not a fan of sunblock especially for the face. The ones that is available in our country then are usually from the west and are pretty expensive. And whenever I find a cheaper one, it usually breaks me out or makes my face oily with the horrible greyish white cast. With time and research, I'm really thankful that there are now a lot of new facial sunblock which not only protects us from the UV rays but also works for our skin woes. I've tried several facial sunblocks--mostly are Japanese made--and found my favorite: Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence.



Claims:
"Maximum level of sun protection yet so light, it feels like nothing on the skin"


Ingredients:

Price: PhP 420 (approx. US $8)

Made in: Japan


I have to agree with its claim with how fresh this sunblock is in the skin. Really works in this crazy humid tropical weather and doesn't give you a break out.


Compare to regular sunblock, Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence has a cream moisturizer type texture but melts like a watery gel cream when applied. It does have a little sticky feeling after a few seconds of application so you  need to give it a minute to dry before applying your primer or foundation.

Since Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence has a moisturizer type texture, it doesn't leave or have a greyish white cast that most sunblocks do. So you can actually wear this even when you're having a pictorial.


It's hard to see in the oil test, but Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence left a watery residue in the oil sheet and probably a very (very!) little oil too. So if you have an oily skin like me, this won't add to your oil woes. You can wear the Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence under your primer/foundation/concealer or translucent powder and it will just stay there.

If there's a thing that I don't like about Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence is that it leaves a thin film-like residue in your skin. There is a little weight in your face but not as bad as the heavy night cream feeling.


It's a Cosme awardee too! It's no wonder why a lot of beauty junkies with oily skin love this--aside from being so affordable. I'm using this sunscreen for more than a year now and my favorite so far.

What's your favorite facial sunscreen?

You Might Also Like

0 comments