[Review]: Bioré UV Perfect Milk | Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Gel

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Last time I shared my favorite face sunscreen, Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence, and thought to also share my favorite body sunscreen from the same brand--the Bioré UV Perfect Milk and Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Gel. 


I usually don't give much care to my other body parts that are exposed to sun (which is my arms and shoulders) and neglected to use sunscreen in those areas. It was only recently that I learned and realized that you really need to use sunscreen in exposed areas to prevent skin damage and premature aging caused by UV rays. So now I always carry one in my bag despite the bulk. 

We're going to compare which of the two sunscreen, Bioré UV Perfect Milk and Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Gel, will fit your preference and budget. As for me, I love them both.

Bioré UV Perfect Milk
 
 
 Claims:
  •  Protects your skin from the harsh and harmful UVA and UVB rays with with this ultra light and long lasting SPF50/PA++++ UV Block.
  • Ultra light texture
  • Water-proof formula  
Ingredients:

 Price: PhP 395 (approx. US$8)

Made in: Japan 


Bioré UV Perfect Milk has the same white color and texture as the traditional sunscreen that we grew up with. It also has that (maybe) mixing stuff inside the bottle, also something that I encountered with other face sunscreens that I used before.  

What I really like about Bioré UV Perfect Milk is that it's not sticky and doesn't feel heavy even during very hot and humid weather conditions. Really perfect when strolling outdoors casually especially on the beach. You just have to put a generous amount so you can apply the product evenly.

 
What I don't like about this sunscreen is that it leaves an obvious greyish-white cast on your skin just like the old traditional sunscreen. It also leaves a greasy feeling but goes away when the product sets in your skin. Maybe this can be used in face if your skin is more on normal to dry, and the white cast can be covered by foundation. Just avoid flash photography though.


Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Gel


 Claims:
  • Maximum level of sun protection yet so light, it feels like nothing on the skin.
  • Hydrates and softens
  • Light and refreshing like water.
  • Gentle and allergy tested.
Ingredients:



Price: PhP 485 (approx. US$9.50)

Made in: Japan


Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Gel is actually really close to Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence when it comes to texture, application, and even the fruity scent. It has a yellowish cream that turns into watery texture when applied, which leaves no greyish white cast, and actually absorbs really fast. It's moisturizing but not sticky and works really well in hot and humid weather. It's actually a better choice for everyday sunscreen.You only need a 2 pea-sized amount and it can cover a 1 side of your arm and shoulder.



The reason why the Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Gel didn't make it as my choice for my face sunscreen is because it's a little oilier than the Watery Essence. I tried this in my nape and neck area and it gave me a few bumps, but no bad reactions in my arms and shoulder area.


But if you don't have a sensitive and oily skin, you can use this for your face and definitely save a lot of money. No need for two separate sunscreen! *uggghhh I envy you guys, seriously*

---
Both the Bioré UV Perfect Milk and Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Gel are really great and affordable sunscreen, and choosing between the two is just a matter of budget and preference (and maybe ingredients if you have allergies). 

What are your other recommendation for sunscreen?

You Might Also Like

0 comments