[REVIEW]: It’s My Bong Tint | Tomorrow Red [RE02] and So Coral [BE01]

Saturday, January 07, 2017

Happy New Year, everyone! Holiday feast is now over and we're all back to our regular busy schedule.

Since the holiday season is all about parties and eating, re-applying lipsticks here and there is totally bothersome, I decided that using tint is the best way to avoid this but still look awesomely fresh in photos.

 
It’s actually my first time to hear about this brand It’s My Bong Tint. The brand has a variety of products including make-up brushes, sponges, cushion sponge, cleansers, etc.
It’s My Bong Tint is a pen and cushion type of tint. We all know that cushion is a total thing in Korea right now.



I was actually in search for a nude coral tint but most tints in the market are either red, pink or orange. That’s why when I saw the So Coral [BE01] color I totally fell for it.  It’s a nude peach coral that’s perfect for date days or when copping a no make-up look. It really looks sweet and dainty.

The Tomorrow Red [RE02] is also a very nice red. I actually don’t like wearing red lipsticks or tints because I can’t find a nice shade of red that compliment my morena (caramel tan) skin. And most reds either screams red, looks too old, or just too dark. But the It’s My Bong Tint Tomorrow Red [RE02] shade is a hit.  It’s a cherry red that actually compliments any skin tones. It gives you a mix of sexy, vampy but still sweet look. It’s not an overwhelming red for women with red phobia like me. It’s a total love!

Getting the actual color for tints or lipsticks is actually disappointing when you cannot test the product in person. Most of the time it really looks good on screen but when you purchase the product it’s totally different from what you saw and you’ll realize that the color is not actually for you. What’s really nice about It’s My Bong Tint is that the colors you see on screen is really close to the actual color.


I swiped the Tomorrow Red [RE02] once and twice for So Coral [BE01]. Both lip tints are highly pigmented but not overwhelming. It doesn’t scream nor it accentuates the flaws of your lips. It really looks nice and surprisingly hydrating to think that my lips always chap with lipsticks and tints (and even lip balms, ugh!), though I still have to apply my lipbalm before and after tint application.



The Tomorrow Red [RE02] started to fade around 4-5 hours of non-stop eating and drinking, while the So Coral only lasted around 2-3 hours of non-stop eating and drinking. (Ok, I sound like a pig here. But hey! It’s the holidays. It’s a good excuse to test this lip tints! Hahaha)

Both It’s My Bong Tint Tomorrow Red [RE02] and So Coral [BE01] really smells fruity sweet and doesn’t have a weird taste. 

I have a few complaints though: I find cushion tints hard to apply. The tips are really bulky so you really have to be careful when applying. A lipbrush is also a must for precision. It also took me 13 push in the barrel for So Coral [BE01] for the product to come out and 20++push in the barrel for Tomorrow Red [RE02]. I thought both tints are defective that I wanted to cry (there’s a free return, though). Good thing they aren’t. Patience is really a virtue! Haha. I also find the pens a little bulky and long. It’s actually the same size of a sharpie. For someone like me who has a pretty small kikay (beauty) kit, it actually takes a little more space. But that’s just me. I just don’t like carrying heavy and huge make-up kits.

My complaints are nothing to worry about because It’s My Bong Tint is really worth to have.

Price: P280 (roughly US$6) each

Ingredients:


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm planning to buy the So Coral. Is it also good for the cheeks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Maecy!

      I haven't tried using this on my cheeks as it really dries really quick. Maybe it will work but you have to blend it really quick. I like to use the Bong Tint for gradient lips. For the cheeks, I prefer using cream types like the A:Concept lip and cheek. :)

      Delete